You found yourself here because you want to update iPhone software but no luck. You are not really alone. iPhone software update stuck on install now can be fixed following some simple guidelines as we explained in this post. A user contacted us asking for a solution to this problem. The person asked
“My question is what to do when a wheel located next to “Install Now” is spinning? It has been spinning for nearly 2 hours. It’s trying to install Software Update iOS 13.5.1 on an iPhone 11? I just transferred information from an iPhone 7 and everything ran smoothly until the software update.”
Most iPhone users experience this ugly bug. Interestingly there are ways you can fix and put an end to iPhone software update stuck on install now. We will go straight and show you how to fix this issue with the simple steps below.
How to fix iPhone software update stuck on install now
To fix iPhone Software update stuck on install now follow below steps:-
- Open the settings on your iPhone, then click General
- Click on reset
- Now click on reset network settings
- When you are done resetting, also reset the network connection and reinstall it.
- After this you still see the error display iPhone software update stuck on install now?
- Force reboot to fix the iPhone issues. When you do this it will clear cache for the iPhone and every other cache associated with it.
The next available option is to delete the installation package, after that you need to download and install the package again to solve the problem.
- Navigate to Settings
- Go to General
- Click on iPhone Storage and click on delete update
- Go back to settings
- go to general again
- Go to software update
- click on Download and install
The above are all you can do within your iPhone when iPhone software update stuck on install now. Aside this then you may need to go extra mile to connect your iPhone with desktop to restore to factory settings. To do this
- Open iTunes
- Connect the iPhone to the computer
- Confirm that your iPhone device is recognized,
- Go to the summary
- Select “Restore iPhone”.