Digital Marketing by ysgMesh: Author of Write it Right: Ultimate SEO hacks
Marketing right from time has been a major tool used to connect your services or products with the right audience who are your potential customers at a venue where time factors both parties.
Permit me to further adopt the illustration given by relivingmbadays which says that Marketing is a process of determining the needs and wants of consumers and being able to deliver the products that satisfy those needs and wants.
Marketing can be likened to What a bridge over a sea do? It links one side to the other side. Similarly, marketing is a bridge which links the consumer side to the producer/supplier side.
According to Philip Kotler:
Marketing’s key processes are:
- Opportunity identification,
- New product development,
- Customer attraction,
- Customer retention and loyalty building, and
- Order fulfillment.
Digital marketing on the other hand is simply a kind of marketing that utilizes online domain in sampling of products and services to the audience who are future potential customers. This goes by using the same processes mentioned above but have added advantages of tools to measure the ROI of the company’s campaign.
In the past offline marketing also known as traditional marketing which exist in print ads, phone communication, or psychical marketing played a major role but as the world continues evolving and with the advent of the internet which is well acculturated into our daily activities today there came the need to maximize this opportunity thus born the new type of marketing dubbed digital marketing.
Why digital marketing?
Types or Examples of Digital Marketing
There are many types or examples of digital marketing which each one of them works separately or jointly to achieve a set goal for the advertiser or the company. We are going to concentrate on top 7 examples proven to be effective in driving sales/leads.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the error fix or check and optimization of any sort done on a website in order to help it gain more visibility through organic, or un-paid traffic from the search engine results page (SERP). This is one of the examples of digital marketing and depends on a natural flow of traffic from the search engine to your website.
How many types of SEO are there?
- On-page SEO: On-page SEO is the practice of optimizing both the content and HTML source code of individual web pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines.
- Off-page SEO: Off page SEO has to do with promotion methods – beyond website design – for the purpose of ranking a website higher in the search results. This comes inform of links and other external signals like backlinking, guess contribution of blog post, etc.
- Technical SEO: This is the foundation of a website. Technical SEO is the process of optimizing the infrastructure of a website from the start to enable the search engines to crawl and index it properly.
Content marketing is a type of marketing that involves the creation and sharing of online material (such as videos, blogs, and social media posts) that does not explicitly promote a brand but is intended to stimulate interest in its products or services. It ought to be engaging in order to retain the audience as well as drive profitable customer action. Content marketing can be actualized through blog post, E-books and whitepapers or Infographics.
Blog post as a sub division of content marketing entails writing engaging articles for a company website with focus on using your expert knowledge as a marketer on marketing and SEO to convert visitors to customers or simply increase lead generation.
E-Books in marketing is more like an insight on an area of expertise of a company to enhance their reputation and most importantly to generate new leads.
Infographics are graphic visual representations of information, data, or knowledge intended to present information quickly and clearly. They can improve cognition by utilizing graphics to enhance the human visual system’s ability to see patterns and trends.
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms to promote your product in order to gain more brand awareness and lead conversion. This can be done by simple activities like posting of text and image updates, videos, and other content that drives audience engagement, as well as paid social media advertising. Paid social advertising guarantees more lead conversion and offer you more tools for you to monitor the progress of your campaign. Social media advertising allows you to target and retarget ideal consumers.
Why you need social media:
Social media will help you achieve a/an
- reduced marketing costs.
- increased sales.
- increased traffic to your website.
- improved ranking on search engines.
- greater customer engagement.
- greater access to international markets.
- opportunity for customer feedback.
- opportunity to conduct market research about your customers.
Notable and best social media platforms used for marketing
- Facebook: The use of Facebook for social media marketing has remained the best in the marketing industry. Facebook dominates the industry by boasting an account of 85% of the internet user’s worldwide (excluding China).
- Twitter: Twitter is an American microblogging and social networking service on which users post and interact with messages known as “tweets”. Through this companies shares content for buyer personas as well as gain followers that have interest in their products.
- LinkedIn: Linkedin is a den for professionals and it can be used to target this range of expert on products of their interests.
- Pinterest: Pinterest is a great platform for companies that are able to create boards with content which utilize both visual appeal and provide audience valuable.
- Instagram: Instagram is one of the fastest–growing social networking platforms.
Pay Per Click (PPC)
Most companies use email marketing. The popular email marketing companies send may include Blog subscription newsletters, Follow-up emails to website visitors who downloaded something, Customer welcome emails, etc.
Inbound Marketing is the process of attracting the attention of prospects, via content creation, before they are even ready to buy; it’s one of the best and most cost-effective ways to convert strangers into customers and promoters of your business. Pop-up messages on blog and website are example of this kind of marketing.
Conclusion: The above write-ups provide all the information that you may currently need to know about digital marketing with examples and types. My major focus is to make digital marketing easy to understand by answering most frequent asked questions I have come across on the internet and customers that want to know what it is. Please be informed that this article is subject to change as I may be adding more information where necessary upon revision.
Defining Marketing & Digital Marketing – YSGMesh FAQ
A. Yes, Defining Marketing & Digital Marketing – YSGMesh is the latest info available online. Please request a call if you want to know more about Defining Marketing & Digital Marketing – YSGMesh.
A. Defining Marketing & Digital Marketing – YSGMesh is provided with the detailed information you saw above in the post. But you can call for more about Defining Marketing & Digital Marketing – YSGMesh.
A. Yes, You can aswell save Defining Marketing & Digital Marketing – YSGMesh to your phone.
A. Yes, Defining Marketing & Digital Marketing – YSGMesh is available for both iPhone and Android platforms.
A. As long as you have enough data and space you can be meet the requirement to use Defining Marketing & Digital Marketing – YSGMesh.